I have been plagued with Lipoma Tumors for the last 15-20 years. They are benign fatty masses that grow into hard lumps under the skin. They don't hurt but are unsightly and embarassing. I have been wanting to have them removed for a very long time. So, yesterday I took the plunge and scheduled a surgery to have them removed.
I had one removed from my left forearm, and 7 removed from my left thigh. The doc said they were some of the biggest lumps he had ever seen. They were very stubborn, but they did eventually come out. I was given some liquid IB to relax my muscles, and then several local anesthetic shots around each lump. I was very nauseous and the medicine turned my stomach upside down. I was really surprised how much matter was actually pulled out of my poor leg. They looked like little boneless chicken breasts.
Once the first one came out, I started crying. I have been teased a lot about these darn things, and I think my self-esteem has suffered a bit. So it was bittersweet. Happy they were gone, Sad I hadn't done this long ago.
I was stitched up with over 75 stitches, steri-stripped, and some bandaids on top. My forearm doesn't look too bad, but my leg looks like hamburger. I know it will heal up great & it will be so fun to wear my bathing suit this summer and show off my lump free legs! I have to go back and have 5 more removed from my right side. Piece of cake. It was painful & I am bruised, sore & still a bit nauseous. But it was totally worth it.
Thanks for all the well wishes!
1 comment:
Congrats on being lump free!
Post a Comment