Yesterday my parents showed up with a whole truck full of tools and ready to work. My deck was "finished" a few months ago but was never sanded or stained and needed a few tweeks to be finished properly. They worked their fannies off in the 95 degree heat while I was busy running kids all over town. They are coming back today for more abuse so we can stain the deck and get started on finishing baseboards in the house...a project from forever ago that never got finished. Thank you so much mom and dad for always going above and beyond. Oh how I love them!
Montana had 3 of her friends come and sleep over. It is always a joy to watch her being such a girl and totally at ease with her friends. They played dress up in our ridiculously abundant costume box, swam in the pool about 7 or 8 times, watched movies, and giggled all night long.
Justice has been hanging out with his friend Jordan this week. They went to the Taylorsville pool and swam for a few hours. He said he jumped off the diving board! I so wish I would have seen that! When he was taking lessons a couple years ago (or was it last summer???) he had such anxiety about that. Now he is doing it for fun!! They tried another sleepover...but he came home before the night even really got started. He has a hard time sleeping away from home. Not quite sure what that is about, but I am glad he feels comfortable telling someone he is ready to leave.
I headed up to Park City to pick up some of the drill team girls and bring them home from their dance camp. Sierra was selected as one of the top 30 dancers at the camp. Then each of those 30 girls competed for the top 5. Each of them danced a short solo to show off their abilities. Sierra did 9 pirouettes and then ended with a balance pose...this was very impressive to the judges. I had 4 people come up to me and tell me how crazy cool that was! I have seen her do this many times, I just smiled, "yep, that's my girl!" She was then chosen as one of the top 6!! They couldn't decide on just only 5. She was suffering from total dehydration and vomiting inbetween routines, needing to lay down and be fanned. I felt so bad for her. But she would get up and dance her heart out like nothing was wrong. Looks like she worked herself beyond what her body was ready for. This chica never ceases to amaze me.
Note to self: Take the freaking camera with you and take some pics!!! It's been several weeks since you bought a new camera battery charger. It works!! Try it out! And then post some pics!!
No comments:
Post a Comment