Friday, November 12, 2010

Taking a breather

I guess I finally have a few minutes to update this here blog.  It has been so neglected.  But--life, ya know.  I think I get to the point where there is so much to say that I think I need a good chunk of time to sit and write.  Well, that day has finally come.  If I would just keep up with it, it would be easier--and more fun to read.  No promises, but I will be more vigilant. 

Grama
My Grama Dodie (Dolores) McLaughlan has been having a lot of health issues lately.  She ended up having some surgeries on the veins in her legs (Stents??) to help improve her circulation.  We were all very worried for her to have this done as the doctors did not think she would do well.  The first attempt at the surgery was cancelled because the doc could not find veins that he thought he could work with.  She was put on some medicine (Plavix??)  that helped open up the veins a bit, and then they had a successful second attempt at the surgery a couple weeks later.  She was then able to go in for her heart surgery a couple days later.  It was very experimental-they rearranged the valves, attaching them in new places, and were able to do the surgery from a small incision on her side rather than opening up her chest as they did in her previous surgery years ago.  She had a rough few days where it was touch and go...but I tell ya what, my Grama is a tough old bird.  She is still not 100%, but she is doing so much better.  So happy it all went as planned.  I sure do love that woman.  I'm proud of her for being brave enough to attempt the surgery to extend and improve her life.  We did not know if she would survive the surgeries...I know we all feared the worst.  Thanks for proving us all wrong Grams. 


Grama holding her first Great-Great Grandchild Mason Cook

Mini Drill
Montana participated in Mini Drill put on by Sierra's Drill Team as a fundraiser.  With Tana being out of dance for the last few months, I have to say how impressed I was at how well she did.  She of course was with an older group this year and the choreography was much more difficult.  A great challenge for her for the three day event.  She picked it up and ran with it.  She practiced every spare moment.  She nailed it at the performance.  Here are pics of  Sierra's adorable recruits.  Sierra and her team looked amazing as always.


Cousin Molly, Sierra, & Montana
 
My dancing daughters

Drill Team Peeps
 10/10/10
On this auspicious occasion my Uncle Jerry (my mom's brother) & his sweetheart Pat had a beautiful wedding at the park.  A third marriage for the both of them.  They are a cute couple.  It's always fun to see folks who are in love.  They walked together down the aisle.  I thought that was the perfect way to start their marriage.  Hand in hand.  I brought my Patrick to the wedding and introduced him to family that hadn't met him yet.  So now we have Jerry's Pat, and my Pat.  My mom and dad ride Harley's with Jerry & Pat frequently, so the conversation can get muddled occasionally.  Anyhoo--It gives me hope that 3rd marriages do happen.  Third times a charm?  Hope the rare date they were married on brings them blessings-o-plenty.


School Stuff
Justice has started taking a French class and has learned a bunch of fun words & songs.  My favorite is when he is practicing counting.  In french, four is quartre, pronounced "cat"..sort of.  So when he is counting he says " Un- deux- trois- quatre- meow- laugh- laugh- cinq- six, sept, huit, neuf, dix"  He is so cute when he wants to be.    And those dimples, who could resist!



School Pic 2010

Montana is LOVING her viola  lessons.  She is practicing  and  we can hear some songs starting to emanate from the screeching strings.  She can play Twinkle Little Star- Can-Can, Old MacDonald, and many others.  We are working on form and technique for the most part.  She has a couple of concerts coming up.  It will be fun to see her in full swing.  She is also singing with the school choir-  so she will be multi-tasking.  Should be fun.  I can't believe how grown up she looks in this pic!! So adorable.  She has been babysitting our neighbors kids for a couple of hours on Mondays and Fridays.  And she is the best!! She has a new babysitting kit complete with prizes and behavior charts and the like.  What a cutie!


School Pic 2010- 5th Grade

Me
My cleaning business has slowed down a bit, but I am hoping to ramp things back up.  I have a couple of fantastic regulars...Let me know if you know of anyone who would like some cleaning done for the holidays.  It's very therapeutic for me.  My new favorite task--mopping.  I found a new cleaner (Fabuloso) that smells absolutely fabulous.  I find myself moping every few days in my own home because I love the smell so much.  Wow- I am getting weird in my old age.  Haha. 


HalloweenHalloween was not too complicated this year.  I bought Justice a Grim Reaper get up and he was happy as a pig in mud.  We did face paint rather than a mask-that was his favorite part.   Montana fell in love with the cheerleaders at the high school football game--so she asked if she could wear Sierra's old cheer uniform.  It fit her perfectly.  And she looked adorable.  Then a couple of days later Sierra told me her and her friend Kelsea were going to be rival school cheerleaders.  I had to laugh--two cheerleader--that would never happen if it was my idea!  lol!   Kelsea went to Eisenhower and Sierra went to Bennion- so they wore their respective uniforms as well as black eyes, bloody noses, blacked out tooth, messed up hair, etc.  It was hilarious.  So I got off easy this year.  I didn't get any pics this year for some reason (Mom of the year) so here are some I have swiped from other sources





Sierra, Mark, & Kelsea



Justice & Montana with their Step-Sister Jillian & Step-Brother McKayde

Our Pumpkin efforts for the year


Otherwise, It's business as usual around here.  OH---except one BIG thing. We are putting the house up for sale.  I am not excited at all about this.  Trying to smooth things out financially & since I can't refinance yet (which E would like me to do) this is what we have agreed to do.  But there is one big benefit.  We are working on all those stupid projects that only get done when you decide to move.  Patrick has been amazing in helping me get a ton of things done that have been put off for years.  He just keeps asking what is next on the list.  He must know that that is one of the best way to my heart!   However- it seems like every time an item gets crossed off the list, 2 or 3 more pop up that need attention.  Hope to have the sign up & the house looking fantastic in the next week or so.  Well- as good as it gets anyway.  We are going to have to sell it for rock bottom as it is, so I am not putting a bunch of money into it.  I won't re coop it.  We will be lucky to sell it for what we owe.  Not sure where we will go.  It depends on how much the house sells for, and IF it sells.  Hopefully we will just be downsizing a little, maybe a condo with no yard work & a pool?? That would be great.  Mom and Dad have offered for us to come home and land for a bit until things settle.  We may do that, but I hate to do that to them.  So we will see.  Isn't life fun??  We are happy, and healthy and just keep trudging on.  We have each other and that's all we need to keep smiles on our faces.  We are ready to put up the Christmas decorations and start celebrating the holidays!! Bring it on!

No comments:

...