Thursday, February 23, 2012

What day is it?

What a whirlwind our life has become.  The days seem to blur into the next, "what day is it?", it a common phrase around here.  We are all rushing around and enjoying ourselves.  So much has happened and so many experiences seem to fly under the radar without stopping to actually savor them. 

Montana is growing into such a beautiful, and intelligent woman.  I had the opportunity to go to a Young Women activity with her at our church.  Watching her interact with the other girls and being so sure of herself, having fun, being silly, talking about spiritual things.  I felt like I had just met someone new.  My daughter, yet not the one I know.  It was truly a proud moment.

She is on the honor roll at school again, a frequent achievement for her, yet I am still amazed every time she brings that piece of paper home.  She is definitely the smartypants in our family.  Things seem to come easily to her, and she works so hard to get her homework done and turned in on time.  Most days, she finishes everything at school because she is so quick.  She must have inherited her smarts from her pop, because that is definitely not in my DNA.  But she did get my looks!  haha

She is advancing to Jr. High soon.  I am so weirded out by this! But she is totally ready!  And so excited.  We are still waiting to hear if she was accepted to Bennion Jr. High.  It is out of our boundaries so we had to apply for a special permit.  They send out acceptance letters middle of March.  The anticipation is killing us!! Especially her!

Sierra is still waiting to hear from University of Minnesota, but the dance team try-outs are the beginning of April.  She is still unsure of what to do.  But I know, in her heart, she would love this opportunity.  Being such a nervous Nelly, I would be a basket case the whole time.  But I know it is time for her to spread her wings.  She is so incredibly talented, and she deserves to take every opportunity that comes her way.  Even if mom doesn't like it.  She has been accepted to University of Utah, so if  U of M doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world. 

Sierra was in the Miss Dance/Drill Utah Pageant again this year.  She took 1st attendant!!! Which is so incredibly hard to do.  She actually placed first in the routine, but second in modeling and speech.  All top 7 were so amazing that I would have hated to be a judge.  Seriously amazing talent.  She is going to go to Nationals in California next month.  There are a few things she can improve (totally minor, but in competing, every little thing counts) so we know she will kill it!  So excited for her!  This would be a fabulous endorsement for her and she could win some scholarship money. 

She graduates in June, then turns 18.  Then off to college.  Wow.  It's such a weird feeling, but I am so proud of the women she has become.  She is still very seriously dating Mark Lesuma.  He is a fantastic kid.  So sweet to her, and so supportive of all she does.  He is fun to talk to, smart, and the kids & I really love him.    They have talked about getting married someday.  He wants to serve a mission, and I have told Sierra about a million times that she cannot consider getting married until she is graduated from college!  So we will see how things pan out in the next few years.  EEK!

Justice is a little spit fire as usual.  He is so full of life and energy.  Always planning something and doesn't give up until he gets what he wants, or gives up all hope of it happening.  He has been struggling with school this year but managed to pull off a decent report card.  So I am rewarding him with an ipod (buying it used) which he still has to earn buy doing homework and chores for $5 a day.  Let me tell you, he is beyond the moon excited for this. 

His dad and I would really like to see him get involved with sports and be physical.  We keep encouraging him but he has no interest in that kind of thing lately.  He is in Scouts and LOVES it.  His dad got him a guitar and he is LOVING that.  He and his friend are learning how to play from a video, and his dad is teaching him as well.  He has his social life- which is all consuming- from 7:00am-7:30pm the friends are calling, or he is playing with them.  He is an adorable kid and I get compliments about his behavior and work ethic from his teachers and other parents,  which makes me happy- because sometimes it's hard to keep him in line at home.  He is still my cuddle bug, which I love, because the girls don't like to hug or chit chat unless I MAKE them!  :-)

It's business as usual with me. Same job, same hours, same everything- but I am happy and enjoying life.  No dating on the horizon- and I really don't care.  I still see Patrick occasionally for lunch- but we are just friends.  I'm enjoying my family and making the most of my time with them- which never seems to be enough.  I did get a new computer- the old one died a sad, horrible death.  With all my files and pic inside.  Most of them were saved to facebook

Toodles.

No comments:

...