Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Crappy Day
I have found that when my day starts to go south- it usually snowballs into a giant hurricane. I have been on my own since Thursday with Eric out of town, and I think we have just reached the limits of handling things without him. It was his birthday today as well as my moms and I was missing him. After a phone conversation with the birthday boy instead of being happy that I talked to my honey- I was upset. Justice- was having tantrum after tantrum. My nephew has started teething, so he was inconsolable today. Montana came home from school because she poked herself in the eye and couldn't calm down. She is having eye therapy and freaks out whenever anything happens to her eyes. She thought she was blind. Sierra had a game and a performance, she kept calling me and asking me to bring something she forgot. THREE TIMES I had to turn around and go back for something else. So with my patience worn thin- I sat at Sierra's performance watching my kids from a distance. I realized that maybe the problem isn't my kids- it's me! Some days, being a mom is just plain hard. I know I can't do everything- having my husband come home at the end of a long day is a great break. Good Luck all you moms out there. May we have more patience today than yesterday, and God bless us when we love our kids even at their worst.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I definately know how days like that go! I hope you are feeling more alive and on top of the world today! You're great!
Post a Comment