Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How many days til school starts?


Don't get me wrong...I love my kids. But they are driving me crazy. We are only 5 days into summer break and they are bouncing off the walls. If I let them play with their friends, I end up with at least 6-8 kids in the house and they all want to be fed and entertained and make a mess. If I let them go to their friend's houses- it takes an army to get them to come home for lunch or their lessons. So to encourage family FUN I have been putting together a list of FREE or cheap activities to do in Salt Lake to help you other moms who may be in the same boat as me. Gas is sky high so I limit the far away stuff to once a week.

1. Go to the park
a. Picnic
b. Play Frisbee
c. Relay Races
d. Climb Trees
e. Roll down the hills
f. Fly a kite
g. Playground
2. Ride Bikes
3. Draw on the sidewalk with chalk
4. Run through the sprinklers
5. Water the grass with a watering can (this is my personal favorite- it takes a long time!)
6. Bug watching or hunting (lift the rocks- they are not hard to find)
7. Draw Pictures
a. Trace their body parts (feet, arms, hands, profile, leg) tape together and hang on their door
b. Make homemade books
c. Still Life (fruit in a bowl,flowers, toy)
8. Board Games (we call them "bored" games)
9. Roller skate around the neighborhood
10. Karaoke

For more ideas go to:

They have a great list of all kids of stuff.
Happy Summer.

No comments:

...