While preparing to paint another room of the house today I was preoccupied while the kids were getting ready for school. Justice came out of the bathroom and had decided to cut his own hair. A big old chunk right out of the front of his bangs. It looks terrible so we will have to cut it all off to get it to look decent again. Montana was doing an art project and decided it needed some glitter- BANG- it's everywhere! Then Justice went out to the car before everyone else. I had turned it on to warm up a bit- and he thought it would be fun to put it in neutral. Montana started screaming so I came running to see what was going on...the Durango is rolling down the driveway and out into the street. Because our driveway is steep and the road behind it goes up in the opposite direction, once the car reached that point it started rolling forward again and up the driveway, then back down again. I was chasing the car trying to get inside and put it in park. Meanwhile Justice is screaming and crying, scared out of his mind. Luckily I was able to get in before it rolled back out into the street. Justi and I held each other and cried. It's hard to be mad when you are just glad they are alive. We took a minute to settle down and collect ourselves. Then I took the kids to school and was happy they were safe. I can only hope the rest of the day is uneventful. My heart is still racing. KIDS!!! The funny thing is Justice did the exact same thing when he was 2 or 3 and Sierra & I both were chasing the car down and Sierra actually got dragged a bit as she tried getting in the car. So it brought back a lot of old memories. Dude- you can't drive for 8 more years!!! He's a bit impatient I guess.
Now I can get back to my nice boring painting.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm glad he is ok! And that YOU are ok! Holy shmoly... what a morning! You need a nap.
I see you got your morning run in. Glad all turned out well, and I'm glad you chose to handle it the way you did.
Luvs ya
Fred
Post a Comment