Baseball, Dance, School, Travel, Work, Repeat....
Life has gotten pretty hectic around here, but everyone is happy & enjoying what they do.
Montana has been ecstatic about her dance classes. We were out to dinner recently and she actually jumped up and said "hey...watch my dance!" and started bustin' a move. Usually I am begging her to show me what she has been learning in class. Now here she is actually doing it in front of total strangers!! Love that girl. She is really loving her hip-hop class, likes her jazz class, and just kind of tolerates ballet. But ballet is required (she is rolling her eyes as I type this) and will iron out those awkward kinks over time. I'm so stinking proud of her. She also has gotten involved in a recess soccer team. It is organized by the school and they play periodically. So she is always full of stories of her big goals scored and how she is the star of the team. I need to get over there and see my little soccer star with my own eyes. :-) And lastly, our little Montana has always been a very creative soul. She has been extremely creative with writing, drawing, and speaking...but she has written some really wonderful stories lately. She got turned on to mightyauthors.com by her teacher at school. It's a website that helps them publish their own stories. She has been madly typing for days. I get to peek at the story occassionally, and although I know I am bias, I am telling you it is pretty good. It has a real southern flavor and she has thought the characters through pretty thoroughly. I am really encouraging her writing. She will begin posting her updates to the story on her personal blog. Check it out if you have time...super cute for a 10 year old. http://montanathatsme.blogspot.com
Justice has been consumed with baseball! He is in love with it. He doesn't even mind the daily practice regimen. Which I really worried about. He has the greatest coach. He is super patient with the kids and really TEACHES them how to play the game. He is really enthusiastic with the boys and you can tell he really loves coaching. They had their first practice game a couple nights ago. I can't remember what the score was but both teams seems pretty evenly matched. Justice played right centerfield and second base. He looks so cute out there. He was up to bat twice...both strike outs, but he is really getting the hang of it. He got his first cup for protection, and loves to play that thing like a drum! It's hilarious, but we are trying to get him to cool it! Games will start in a couple of weeks. Pics to come.
Sierra was able to travel to New York City with her drill team for the National Competition. They were there for 6 days full of sightseeing, broadway shows, dance classes, and of course the competition. She was able to see the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Rode a carriage in Central Park, lots of shopping, and pictures! She called me the night of the competition and told me that she had won the overall 1st place solo trophy! She competed against 19 other girls from all over the country. She worked so hard on her solo this year...even choreographed it herself due to the lack of time & funds available for a solo coach this year. She did a fantastic job & the judges obviously thought so too! I'm so incredibly proud of her! There is nothing this chica can't do....except clean her room..lol! Her team also did a fantastic job. They took 1st place in their medium team category, and 2nd overall in the sweepstakes. Drill has been quite an experience this year. So time demanding, but she totally loves it and is planning on trying out again, and try-outs begin next week. Way to go sweetpea!
So my time is basically spent driving these kids around, making meals, cleaning up, & working. But it is worth it to see the smiles on these little rugrats faces. Nothing new to report...except that I'm a happy girl. Still dating my sweety Patrick. He's a great support to me. I feel very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment