It's time for the monthly blog post...haha. Wish I would do it more often, but I'm happy it gets done periodically!
Christmas was a magically, fantastic event! The kids have it so good! They get Christmas with me, then Gma & pa Nelson, then their dad's, then their grandparents on their dad's side. So it's no wonder that they want everything under the sun! For the most part, they got everything they wanted. Of course, the laptops, the ponies, the XBOX360's, the Ipod touches, and the gold encrusted sneakers...well, they got crossed off the list and they were told to dream a little smaller. :-)
It's the first year that the kids really didn't believe in Santa. Kinda sad. But the make believe magic is gone. I have told them over and over, that Santa is really the spirit of giving. And that does exist. We were blessed beyond belief with Santa's of every kind this year. Our neighbors and friends went above and beyond to help me give a sweet Christmas to my kids. It's amazing how selfless people are when you express a need. They are right there to lend a hand. Thank you is not enough. But thank you anyway!!
The Christmas Party at Mom & Dad's was a small, intimate affair this year. All the kids have grown up, and the family was scattered to the wind this year. A few have moved, some were on vacation, and some parts of our family have grown so large, they have started having their own party. We even debated whether we should have Santa stop by...but he did. My younger two were with their dad for Christmas Eve this year, and I didn't think Sierra would be coming either, because she was with her dad. But she came anyway, and I was so happy about that. The few kids that were there were very excited to see Santa. And really, it just wouldn't be a proper party without him!! Love seeing all these kids grow up. The party is our annual family reunion, and I hope it will continue for a long, long time. And I hope it will continue at Mom's house!! haha...she keeps trying to pass the party duties on to me. But who are we kidding? No one can throw a bash like she can!!
| Our Fantastic Santa! |
| Sierra w/ the Big Guy! |
| Christmas Morning |
| Sierra, Montana, Justice |
| Dad, Me, & Mom |
We spent the holiday break enjoying our time together. Sledding, watching movies, shoveling mountains of snow that Mother Nature so kindly dropped on us, enjoying our new toys and gadgets, finishing more home improvements, showing the home we have for sale a few times, sleeping in, spending a few days in pajamas, cooking our favorite meals & treats, and basking in the glory of having so little to do!!
Sierra continues her adventure on drill team. She has been asked to choreograph numerous routines for individuals, she has helped with team choreography, and was asked to teach & choreograph a couple of routines for the Bennion Jr. High Dance Co. She is in her element and loving it. She has made a little business out of editing music and has become VERY good at it. She was able to attend a workshop this past weekend with some SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE celebrities. She was able to dance with D-Trix (Dominique), Kent, Ade, & Lauren. Of course it was an immensely enjoyable day and she learned a lot. She also is babysitting occasionally for family and enjoys spending time with her cousins. Sierra had her first car accident a few days ago. She was not at fault, and was not injured except for sore muscles & some minor whiplash. The car was hit broadside on the passenger back seat door. So the other drivers insurance will cover the damages. The car is still drivable and the dent is on the minor side. So thankful for the passerby that stopped and helped her pull to the side, get her insurance papers, licence and registration together. She was in tears and he helped her through until I could get there. I didn't get a chance to meet him, but thank you anyway!! So glad my baby is ok!! She has been keeping up on her blog and you can see more pics and fun thoughts on her website http://www.sierrarochellejepson.blogspot.com/
| The car damage from the crash |
| View B of the crash |
| Locker Decorations |
Montana is progressing in her viola studies. She practices daily and really pushes herself to master the exercises and songs that she is working on. She is really enjoying it and it quite proud of herself. She was chosen to be a reporter for the "Deseret News" for a school project they are working on. Everyone was assigned real-life jobs, told how much they would earn an hour, and in a couple of weeks they are taking a field trip to Biz Town, which is sponsored by Junior Achievement, where they will get the chance to learn more about their jobs and have some hands on experience in their field. She is so excited. She is also currently working on a science project with a partner. So we are weighing the pros and cons of all their ideas. I think they have decided on a hot/cold water experiment that will "levitate" an egg. They will do some preliminary trials and see if it works and if this is the route they want to go. She has been working diligently this year on her blog. I wish she would write more of her stories on there. But hopefully, she will throw a few in there occasionally. her website is http://www.montanathatsme.blogspot.com/
| Cheese! Showing off the tin grins! |
| Hang loose, homiez! |
Justice has become a gamer. That's all, end of story. I have limited his game time to one hour per day, and he must have certain things done (homework, chores, etc) before he can even think about getting started into a game. In the beginning he would throw fits, and carry on when it was time to turn the game off, or if I wouldn't let him play. But he has learned that if he wants to play at all, he will follow the rules. I think for the most part, most boys are gamers nowadays. His friends bring over games, and wii controls to play the games. It's kinda weird to me. But they have fun, and I'm all for keeping them entertained and occupied. When it gets out of hand, we turn it off. If I think it's inappropriate, we turn it off. Same for movies. His friends know that he can't play rated M games, or watch rated R movies, even some PG 13's I won't let him watch. He hates that, but I hope he will grow up at a slow pace. No need to rush things. It surprises me what some parents allow their kids to do. Sorry I'm a stick in the mud, buddy. But that's the way it is. He is my baby and I am milking his childhood for as long as I can! :-) I ask him all the time to stay little. It's not working out, but I try.
| Sledding at our Favorite Hill |
| Sleeping Justy-awwww! |
Life in my world has become all about Church and my calling in the Primary. We have a new presidency and I am still the secretary. Our new president is very gung-ho and for some reason likes to do things the most difficult, by the book way possible. haha...I know she is just doing what she feels is best, and what she thinks will benefit the primary the most. But it is making my calling a full-time job lately!! After we get the year started, things will mellow out and get back on cruise control, I hope! I'm not use to putting so much time into my calling. Also, our 1st & 2nd counselor are moving, so I am really hopeful that I get to keep my calling and they fill those spots with women who are much more spiritual and qualified than I am. Stress!
I am also busy with decorating the drill team lockers--how did I get stuck with this job again?? But the girls love it and it's only a few more times. We do it before competitions, and big events. I'm learning what works and what doesn't and to ask for LOTS of help. Geez, the crazy things we do for our kids.
The house is still for sale. We have had several showings, but no luck yet. So, the renovations continue. Dad came yesterday and helped me cross off a few more items from the never-ending "List" of repairs. He is my knight in shining armor! The girls now have their bedroom door back, a new rod in the closet for Montana, the vent is fixed, and he is coming back today (I hope!) to work on a couple other projects. It's so nice to get these pesky things done. Other than that, it's life as normal around here. And we like it that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment