Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December Doings

Over the past few months Justice has been seeing several doctors about his ear aches. He was complaining of pain and even some hearing loss. We took it very seriously and saw his regular doc, as well as an Ear/Nose/Throat doc. Neither of them could see infection, swelling, or damage of any kind. So we were sent to an audiologist for further testing. His first test was inconclusive. The results were all over the place. The doc chalked it up to J being nervous and possibly trying to throw the results in a way that would please everyone. So we rescheduled for an additional test. That was last week. He passed with flying colors. Which was a total relief. So we will see how his ear problems pan out in the next few months...hopefully it was just a passing problem. He hasn't been complaining about them lately so that is a good sign.




At the Fox 13 News Desk...He looks a bit evil...but so cute!

Justice has also started in the Cub Scout program.  He is very eager to start earning badges and doing all that scouting entails.  It is nice to see him hang out with boys.  He has very few friends here in the neighborhood, and all of the girls in the house do not lend to J being raised in a very manly manner.  So I am excited to see him learn about the "way of the pack".  It brings back a lot of memories of when my brother was in scouting and my parents were pack leaders.  Should be fun.  He's only been a couple of times, but he absolutely loves it. 

Before

Montana, my sweet little baby girl, has gone and got herself in braces.  She was in some pain the first day or two but seems to have adjusted to them quickly.  She has been very responsible in taking her orthodontists instruction very seriously.  She brushes three times a day, flosses with the threader and does it all with out even a reminder from mom.  She is very cute in them! 
After
Montana ran for a few offices at school.  She ran for Mayor for the Junior Achievement City they have been working on.  She lost to a boy who bribed everyone with donuts.  Why didn't we think of that???  haha...oh well.  She has been a great sport about it.  So she is waiting to hear if she will be named CEO, CFO, or DJ.  Quite a diverse variety of titles they have for everyone.  I love it.  So proud of this little chica.  She continues to excel in her school work and is turning into quite the little boy chaser. 





Sierra has been swamped with drill team responsibilities. On a daily basis you can find her doing one or many of the following: researching music, cutting/editing music, choreographing, reasearching published choreography via youtube, at practice, performing, getting ready to perform,  or recovering (aka sleeping) after practice or very long days of dance. I don't know how we ever squeezed in her dance studio stuff. I think she has all she can handle on her plate. But, I know she & Montana both would love to go back to a studio if we can ever work it back into the finances. If she wasn't so freaking talented I wouldn't worry about it. But the girl has a calling. Here are some recent pics of one of her drill performances.







Just realized I picked all similar pics...oh well, they are my favorites!  They have all kinds of competitions coming up, including nationals in Texas in March.  Wish I could go too, but I am glad her dad will be able to be there with her.  This kid is amazing.


The house hasn't had much activity in the way of showings.  Had a realty tour come through and one showing.  So I guess that's better than nothing.  More and more homes around us are going up for sale, and they are all just sitting.  So we aren't alone.   It is giving us time to keep fixing up little things in the meantime.  Here is the link to our homes listing.  http://keithhayes.utahrealestate.com/1001467

Christmas is fast approaching.  I don't feel stressed out about presents even though I can't afford much of anything this year.  I just feel thankful that we have been able to survive.  We have such great neighbors, and family.  The Lord has been looking out for us in ways that I can't even begin to describe.  I am grateful to have happy, healthy, lovable kids who keep me busy and striving to be a better mom and provider.  I am thankful that their dads have been able to provide them with the things that I can't.  I am thankful that we have been able to co-parent in a positive way.  I am beyond grateful for my parents.  They make the day to day operation of my family possible.  They are there for me no matter what I need.  How would I survive with out them?  I am thankful for my job and the constant mental challenge it provides for me, as well as my paycheck.  I know there is so much more for me out there...I know the Lord is leading me somewhere.  I am excited to find out how my life will turn out.  I do get down and wonder how I made such a mess of things, but I have hope that this is only a rough road I am on.  I know I will come out of this stretch of my life a much stronger and wiser person.  I have no doubt.  Thank you everyone for being part of our lives.  We are thankful for all parts of our support system!  We love you! 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

...