Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Fresh Start

It's only been about a year since my last post.  Just pitiful!  But here we are, ready to get back at it.

We sold our house on Roxborough Park in March 2013.  It was a very difficult decision for me, I really wanted to stay there and so did the kids.  But I was trying to make things square with Eric.  He wanted it sold, and I just wanted to put the past behind us.

So we put it on the market at it sold very quickly-surprisingly.  Only 1 week on the market.  I was happy for that, because I kept wanting to change my mind.  It was hard packing up all of our stuff not really knowing what the plan for the future would be. 

We moved in with mom and dad.  It's been a real blessing.  They are so good to us.  We are spoiled with laundry, cleaning, and a roof over our heads.  It's been an easy adjustment :-) It has been hard to give up our independence and having a feeling of ownership.

I found a townhome in West Jordan, UT we are going to lease for 2 years.  Very nice and just the right size for my little clan.  It's very close to mom and dad.  They help out a lot with the kids so I don't want to be too far from them.  Justice's elementary is by their home and I want him to finish school there.  So we are very excited to be moving back into our own place.  I wish I was buying a place, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.  Financially I think renting is perfect for us.  Someone else is responsible for repairs and upkeep.  Since it's a condo- the yard work, outer home structure, and snow removal are taken care of.  We will have a pool, club house, exercise room, volleyball court, basketball court, and a little playground for us to enjoy.  We are pretty excited.  Two more weeks and we can start moving in.  I know two years will go by in a flash.  Hopefully we will be ready to buy a place by then.  Moving is really a pain.

It will be great to be starting fresh and leave all the past in the past :-)

Sierra has had so much going on .  She tried out for "So You Think You Can Dance" our favorite dance show.  She tried out in Detroit and made it to the very last round before getting cut.  She was so close that we really wanted her to try again.  So she headed to LA.  She made it through to the next round in Vegas-the Final Rounds!  It was so thrilling and we were so very proud of her.  She was on television for several weeks.  We would pause the tv on our dvr and take pics with our phones and cameras. She was on quite a bit!  But she was eventually cut in the Vegas rounds.  It ended up being for the best.  Which I'll explain later.  She went on to audition for Odyssey, a professional company here locally that puts on "Thriller" around Halloween which has had phenomenal success as well as many other productions and world-tours.  She didn't make the company, but was selected for O2, which is the training team for Odyssey.  She is basically on scholarship for her classes (20-30) hours a week, and trains for a few classes with the Odyssey company.  She is getting a first class training- which she really lacked last year while with UDC (Utah Dance Company) at the U of U.  So she has done a 180 and is on her way to being at the top of her game.  She just had surgery on her knee due to some bursitis above her knee cap.  She had it drained, but it filled right back up.  They decided to operate and removed the bursae sack on top of the knee cap.  She was in a knee brace/stabilizer for the past 4 weeks.  Then she got the ok that her stitches had dissolved and she could begin bending it gently.  We are hoping she will be able to bounce back quickly and get right back at it.  This made us realize it was a good this she didn't make the SYTYCD show or Odyssey just yet.  She will be healed in time to really get serious rehearsing for Thriller and gear up for next year.  Whatever she decides to do, we are ready to be her cheering section.
She also just sent off her sweetheart Mark Lesuma to a mission in Scotland/Ireland.  We absolutely love him and are trying to rally behind them both during this exciting time for him, and hard time for her.  He's been gone a month.  It's fun to see her writing him letters, sending him packages, and put stickers on her countdown chart.  Brings back a lot of memories.  It's a very special time for them both.

Montana tried out for cheerleader at Bennion Jr. High and was so thrilled to make it.  It has been a very hard adjustment for her.  She had planned to continue with soccer also, but the majority of the girls on her "Fusion" team decided to go to other teams and her coach decided to dissolve the team because they only had 3 girls left. :-(  We really couldn't afford to do any of the other teams out there.  They were double and triple the price of Fusion.  So we made the decision to just focus on cheer this year.  Well she has had a hard time fitting in with the girls.  She is more of an athlete, and these cheer girls are in a completely different mind set.  She goes crazy when the drama starts up and they seem to be upset about nothing.  They have good days where she loves it.  I can see her progress and the pride on her face when she wears her uniform.  I hope she will grow to love it.  She has some soccer friends that live close to us that she still hangs out with.  I can tell she misses soccer so much.  She went to a practice with the  "Utah Glory" soccer team, that a lot of her friends play for, and of course the coaches loved her and would love for her to be a part of the team.  She told them that we couldn't afford the fees, and the coaches told her to tell her parents "Not to worry about the money".  I'm not sure exactly what that means.  She could play for free or reduced fees? Or maybe they would work on a long term financial plan with us.  At any rate, she is going to practice again Monday and I will talk to the coach and get all the information.  If we can work it out, I would love for her to keep it up- as I think that is really where her heart is.  She's in 8th grade this year, and 9th graders can play up a year for soccer and play with the high school.  I know she would love that.  One day at a time I guess.

Justice is enjoying 6th grade at his new school and was just elected as his class president.  He has a whole crew a friends that are girls.  They draw to him like flies- it's pretty adorable.  I wish he would make more guy friends but he seems to relate to girls better, and always has.  He is making plans to run for school president, campaigning begins in two weeks when they go back on track.  Also band will begin.  He will still play the saxophone.  He still loves it and it will be great to see him learn more and have more experiences.  This program at his school seems much more intense and organized.  He is still my cuddle bug and loves to hang on me and craves my attention.  Which I love. 

Eric and Corilynn got divorced.  A total surprise to everyone.  It's been really rough on the kids as they really loved Jillian and McKayde as well as Lynn.  They moved out of their Mapleton house and back in with Uncle Jerry & Uncle Bruce.  It's only been a month or so and so things are still kind of up in the air.  It's been great having him living in Salt Lake again. I hope he can stay here.  It makes shuffling the kids back and forth a lot easier. I feel bad for him, but I feel worse for the kids.  Why does life have to be so complicated?

On the flip side, Chris is getting married to his long time girlfriend Lynn who is also a flight attendant. (What's with all the Lynn's? lol).  Not sure what the official date is but it sounds like this fall sometime.  Sierra likes her and her 2 little boys.  They have bought a house in Texas together and are living there.  Chris comes to Utah for about 1 week a month. He finished his basement in the Utah  "Vacation" home and is trying to rent it out.  He did a great job, it is really nice.  I worry about Sierra living there with someone we don't know- so hopefully we can get that worked out.

So plenty of changes going on in our world.  But that seems to be the one constant for us...change.

I'm still at Fox working in the Traffic department.  I've learned a lot and am finally feeling comfortable and confident in my job.  It's been 15 months and it's still a constant stress and 24/7 on call  for emergencies.  Overall things are good.  I just got a raise and another week of vacation starting in 2014.  Not too shabby. 
I'm enjoying the single life and my kids.  They are my world and I honestly don't know how I would fit anyone else in at this point.  The kids talk about me needing to date- but I just don't seem to care or want to.  I hang out with my friends and my family and that seems to be plenty for me :-) Life is crazy enough!

Everyone is in good health, spirits, and really looking forward to what the future will bring us.

No comments:

...