Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Last night I tucked my kids into their beds and sat in the kitchen by myself.  I looked around at all of my things...my things...in my home.  Our new home.  A wonderful feeling.  So happy I can do this for the kids.  I know they are really loving it and it makes it that much sweeter.  We still have so much to do, but the main floor is really coming together.

I let the girls have the master.  The room itself isn't that much bigger than the others, but they have their own bathroom and a GIANT walk in closet.  They have soooo many clothes, bags, shoes, jackets, belts, etc.  It just made more sense.  They have always been seriously messy.  I'm hoping this will inspire them to take care of their stuff... or at least keep it contained in their closet.  So far, we have a looooooong way to go.  But in their defense we just got it all in the house.  So I will give them a few days to figure things out.  And then, momma's gonna drop the hammer.

Justice's room isn't too much better, but at least his clothes are hung.  We will really tackle the rooms this weekend.

My room is put together, but it doesn't feel right yet.  I need to personalize it somehow.  I've never been a great decorator, but I finally feel the need. I'm really feeling hopeful and excited about the future.  Free from my past!

So thankful for where we are at that we have this opportunity. 

No comments:

...