Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kids Days of '47 Parade

JD, Montana and I were in the Kids Days of '47 Downtown Parade this year. Our stake called me as a rep for our ward in coordinating this parade. So it was a little work on my part- but it was a piece of cake. You might have seen us on TV. They had a close up of the three of us. That was kind of exciting when we watched it on the DVR later that day. The float and our t-shirts were covered in painted handprints. That was such a mess, but the kids felt like they really had a "hand" in the decorating. Bad joke I know, but I couldn't resist. Everything turned out wonderful. The float and t-shirts looked so much better than I had anticipated. Our theme was "Success Through Helping Hands". We sang the primary song "Holding Hands Around the World" while we walked the parade route. We had a great time, despite the 100 degree temperatures. There was a big kids festival at the City County Building after as a thankyou for the participants. Inflatable slides, face painting, popsicles, etc. We were completely exhausted when we got home. We all slept and slept. It will be a fun memory.

No comments:

...