Monday, September 21, 2009

A novel

Wow! I don't think I have gone 10 days without blogging in the last 3 years. I kept putting it off because not much was going on...now I have a novel to write to catch things up.

Today would have been my brother John & his sweet wife Amy's 20th anniversary. Amazing. They are both on my mind. I can't believe it has been that long...and yet it does seem like a life time ago that he was here with us. We miss him like crazy. Can't wait to kick his butt in the next life!! I love you bud & you too Amos!!

Justice has taken up piano lessons with my mom. I suggested that Montana take them and he ran with it. So he is plunking away every chance he gets now. I started looking for a teacher close by, but he insisted that Grama be the one to teach him. And she is fabulous. He is doing soooo good in school. He & his sister both are great at math and spelling! So we proudly display all the 100% papers they bring home. He is still riding his bike everywhere, and he especially loves riding it to school.

Montana is growing up so quickly that it is honestly like watching a movie on fast forward. She is very diligent about reading and keeping up with her homework. I don't have to even ask her to get started. Of all three kids she seems to be the only one who actually ENJOYS reading and can't wait to go to the library to pick out a new one. She runs around with a pack of girls. It is pretty funny because they can't do anything one on one...it's the 4 of them or none of them. They are good kids.

Sierra just attended her first high school dance. She went to Homecoming with Wesley, who is a cute kid, but despite all the great things I have heard about him, he is 18 and it makes me nervous. She also was FINALLY able to perform with the drill team, and twice in one day. They had a homecoming assembly in the morning and then also performed at the football game that night with the dance co. & cheerleaders. I am working on pictures and will post them soon. She is still dancing with Stars too so it is dance 24/7 with this chick. She absolutely loves it.

I am still enjoying my new job with Fox. It is challenging in every way but fun too. The people I work with are fantastic and make coming to work something I look forward to. I am getting sleep while the kids are at school and life seems to go on as normal. We are all still adjusting to mom working out of the home, and having to shuffle kids around while I work, but it will get easier. The kids have been great about it are learning more about life than I would like them to at their tender ages...but, it is something they would have to learn eventually. My parents have really been fantastic about watching the kids at night while I work, and helping get them to & from their activities when I can't be there. I am so thankful for them...they never complain and are willing to step in at a moments notice. What in the world would I ever do with out them.

On a sad note...I spoke with a friend today who's teenage child attempted suicide by hanging. Luckily he had texted a friend prior and his mom was able to rush to his side and help him until police & paramedics could arrive to offer medical treatment. He survived with only moderate injuries...however, of course the emotional trauma is insurmountable. I am having a flood of emotions for my friend, for her son, and their family. They are working with a counselor, medication, and family therapy as well. Even though I have lived through a very similar situation, it is so easy to forget how quickly our family can be snatched from us. Life is rough, icky, and downright dispicable sometimes. But we can not let it get us down. If we let it & work at it...life can be tender, fun, beautiful, inspiring, and full of love. My new motto is let go & let God! May He be with us all thru our ups and downs and carry us through the difficult moments when we think we can't go on. The sun will shine on us again, if we allow it! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

...