When I was a dance teacher it use to make me laugh when parents would say that I see their teenage kids more than they did. Well that has come true for me as well. Between drill, school, Stars, friends, and sleep---I hardly ever see my SiSi baby! I relish the weekends and days off from school so that I can spend at least a few uninterrupted hours with her. I remember being busy in high school too...but I think she is in overdrive. She manages to do it all, have fun, and still be such a good kid. I am so stinkin' proud of her!
Right now, Montana is enjoying hot cheetos and her first ever red slushee. She couldn't wait to rip into it, and now she has brain freeze and is covered in red cheeto dust. She's such a goof! I love it when she slows down for a minute for me to enjoy some time with her as well. She has been growing into quite the "tweener". Not a little kid, not yet a teenager= some where in between. And we have been feeling the growing pains this week. She is exploring her independance and parental boundaries. She made some new friends and has not been making wise choices this week. Not telling me where she is going, coming home late, fighting with me about being grounded for the previous. She doesn't quite understand why I won't just let her roam around completely unsupervised. It has been a rough week- but I hope I can get thru to her that I MUST know where she is, where she is going, and lying about it will only get you in more trouble. The fun begins!
Justice has always been very impatient & has a million plans in the works. There is never a dull moment with him. He has project after project lined up, and now that we are spending more time with my parents, he has projects lined up for them too. First it was make a pirate ship out of a milk jug, then rearrange his bedroom furniture, then rearrange it again the next day, draw a realistic race car, have a sleepover, help mom clean the carpets, vaccuum the dog bed at least once or twice a day, fill mason jars with water- do all kinds of floaty & mixing experiments, build a wood boat with grampa, ride his bike, play the Wii & computer games, jump on the trampoline, etc, etc, etc. We have accomplished 98% of this list because he is non-stop energy and bugs you about every detail until you make it happen! What a kid.
I will be happy for this 4 day weekend to come to a close...but then next week is a 5 day weekend for the kids. It's UEA for them and we will be squeezing all the fun we can into it!!
1 comment:
Ah you called them little nuggets! That makes me so happy...
You sound like one busy woman. I love coming and reading about your kid's adventures but I miss you at voices... hopefully I'll get to see you soon!
Hugs!
Post a Comment