Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dinner-time conversation

We try to sit down around the table for a family meal every night. It is one of my favorite times of the day. The tv is off, phones are put away, computers are not zapping attention. We always have some very lively conversation. They don't always love the food, but we all love each others company.

Last night we were talking about having babies. This is a frequent topic because of some of the shows that we love to watch together ie: 19 kids and counting, I didn't know I was pregnant, and bringing home baby. Tana has always been a baby lover, I love babies and the memories it brings me, and Justice is just fascinated with how it all works. So all of a sudden J starts asking the inevitable: how & where do they come out? Oh boy. He knew a lot more than I thought he would. Apparently he and his friend Jillian have talked in depth about this. So we just talked about it matter of fact and he was happy with that. Fun dinner conversation.

We were watching the 19 kids and counting right after dinner and it was the new episode where their oldest child is having the first Duggar grandbaby. It was not graphic at all but showed her in pain and working through some contractions. I said to Justice "You know...someday you are going to make me a grandma." He said "Nuh-uh...it will just be me, my wife, a dog, a cat, a bird, and an elephant. But noooooo babies!!!" I told him I would write that down and show him when he was older and HAD kids. He laughed. Tana piped up with " Mommy...don't worry...I'll make you a grandma!" I told her that was fantastic...but NO RUSH!!!

Sierra is still with her dad until Sunday. I talked to her yesterday and she told me that she had "broken up" with her "NCB" which is non-committal boyfriend. Apparently he was caught kissing another girl. I hate to see her upset about boys, but secretly I am happy to have her move on and not get too serious. It makes me crazy with worry. Hopefully next time she will have a "committed boyfriend". No wonder relationships are so complicated these days.

No comments:

...