I cannot believe it is October!!! Seriously, it is scary how time flys anymore.
The kids have been out of school for UEA since Wed. afternoon and wont go back until Tuesday. We have been trying to squeeze in as much fun as we can.
Justice and Montana wrote a script for their own newscast. I was laughing so hard when they put the show on for me. It was really well written, with the occassional "Here's Mary with the details", "Thanks, John..." (their newscaster names) and then on with the stories. I was running the video camera of course. It was fun to see that my kids are taking an interest in my job. They are always coming up with fun stuff to do.
I took the kids bowling Friday and we played a couple of games. Sierra was quite the coach for the little ones. They started throwing spares and we all ended up with pretty close scores! It was fun to see them being so proud of themselves and doing their little victory dances after each throw. It's one of our favorite family activities.
Sierra performed at the football game on Friday night. It had been raining all day and rained lightly just before the girls came out. The girls were freezing and couldn't wait to get out on the field. I asked her if they would perform if it was raining. She said, "Of course! We perform in the snow, rain, and mud! We didn't do all this work for nothing!" And that is the way it is. They looked amazing- as usual. These girls have learned a work ethic that is very impressive and really shows when they perform.
Had a conversation with mom and dad this morning about mom's health. She had an exam & cat scan done due to some scary memory lapses this week. They have ruled out a stroke but have not come to any definitive answers yet. She is going back to the doc this Friday for some more evaluations. She is worried and scared...but there really isn't much we can do other than observe her for now. Her blood pressure is also sky high. So she took the next couple of days off work and I hope she will be able to relax. Please pray for her.....
No comments:
Post a Comment