Monday, October 12, 2009
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Today marks the beginning of safety week for the kids at school. The principal encouraged the kids to walk to school today with their parents. The kids were very excited about this for some reason. Usually they cry if they have to walk, but today was different. We got to the school crosswalk and guess who was there? A person dressed in a chicken suit. Tana said "Mom, can I give the chicken a big hug?" I said sure. But when we got to him, she "chickened" out. Ahahah. OK, bad joke. As they helped the kids cross the crosswalk there were two other people holding up a banner that said "Why did the chicken cross the road...to get SAFELY to the other side." The idea was that everyone notices a giant yellow chicken, but sometimes motorists don't notice the children, the crosswalk, or the school zone. They were hoping that this CHICKEN day would raise awareness for the motorists in our area. I thought it was a cute idea, and the kids totally loved it. Wish I would have had my camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment