Last night Justice & I went to redeem our FREE Redbox Movie coupon. We start in to the store and just as we get out of the car, I have my coupon in hand and nothing else. Justice says..."MOM, you should really lock the door, do you want all of your precious things stolen?" We both stood there like deer in the headlights as I heard him lock & shut the door tight in one fail swoop.
Great.
I said thanks buddy...now we are locked out of the car. He started to cry as he realized what he had done. I tried to let him know that it was no big deal...but inside I was thinking of calling the locksmith and how outrageous their prices are! Ugh!!
So we went inside and used the customer service phone @ Smiths to call the police. I was hopeful they could possibly get us in. We grabbed our "FREE" movie and went back out to the car to wait.
A few minutes later the trusty West Valley Police car pulls up. And who gets out....my cousin Chad (Holly's husband). I forget that I have family on the force! He worked on the lock much longer than he should have. He said---"Your dad will kill me if I don't get you in!" haha... So he called in a reinforcement with some other kind of pressure contraption with a hook and we were in within literally one minute! And I didn't have to call a locksmith!! Hallelujah!
I am soooooo thankful for the whole chain of events. From now on I will grab my purse before getting out of the car, Justice will wait for ME to lock the doors, and if I forget he will remind me instead of doing it himself :-), and....I will forever be grateful to the WV cops who still help stranded folks get in their cars!! Thanks a bunch Chad!
No comments:
Post a Comment