Thursday, September 30, 2010

Montana's Activity Marathon!

Montana has become so involved in extra-curricular school activities!  I love it! 

She started playing viola with the school orchestra this month and TOTALLY LOVES it.  She practices everyday and is getting a skosh better with each effort.  Tightening the bow actually helps the notes sound so much better!  haha...would have been good of her teacher to give us that little hint.  While practicing yesterday she said , "Mom, I had no idea playing the viola would be so easy!  I am really getting it!"  :-) Big grin on my face!  I wanted to tell her that it will get harder, but I decided to just let her enjoy the moment!

Now the school has started a choir.  And the kids are FIRED up about this....especially Montana.  Only 4th-6th graders can participate.  This did not sit well with Justice as he is only in third grade.   They have a new principal who is probably the goofiest guy I have ever met...but he is AWESOME with the kids.  Anyhoo, he and Mr. T (Thackeray) have the kids singing the funnest songs.  They cannot wait for their concert and they have only met one time.  Gotta love that.

Then, Miss Montana decided to join the safety patrol!  So she will be directing hall traffic after school, helping at the crosswalk, etc.  They have so many that wanted to participate that the kids will be scheduled on an every other month basis.

And lastly, Montana has gone coo-coo with the cookie dough fundraiser they are doing at school.  35 tubs wins you an I-pod shuffle, or a limo ride!  They do fundraisers every year, and prizes to boot.  I don't know what's got her all excited this year, but her and her friends are out after school everyday knocking on doors.  She has sold quite a few already...but 35 is a long way off. 

She is finally coming out of her shell.  The house was full of her friends yesterday...even girls I was meeting for the first time.  I am so proud of her.  She is enjoying school, working hard, and doing her best.  Wish I would have been more like her when I was her age.  You go girl!

No comments:

...