Wow! I can't believe the whole summer already flew by. We thoroughly enjoyed NOT rushing around in the mornings and just taking our time getting going. Well...that was mostly thanks to Sierra getting her drivers licence!!! Now she gets to drive herself to drill every morning at 6!!! And everywhere else she needs to go. I must admit it has been soooo nice! But I really miss spending time with my girl. We just don't see each other much anymore.
 |
| Hyundai Elantra handed down from her dad! YAY! |
 |
| Robots & Rockets Camp! |
Justice was involved in a "Robots & Rockets" Camp this summer. He learned all about gears, solar panels, engineering formulas, motors, and the best part was building his own solar powered train and his jet-fueled rocket! The finale was launch day for the rockets! His rocket launched successfully, the parachute deployed perfectly, and descended back where he was able to catch it! Not everyone's did...so he was very happy about that! I've never seen a bigger smile on his face!
Miss Montana turned the big 11!!! I know I say this all the time...but, she has grown up so much in the last 6 months. Seriously she has grown about 4 inches and has totally lost her baby face. She is GORGEOUS!! Sierra got crazy and groomed her eyebrows for her one day. So now she really looks like a woman. It is crazy! We had a fun party for her with all of her friends and our side of the family. She wanted to have an "Eclipse" themed party. Being Team Jacob was a lot of fun! We found all the fun decorations and just ran with it. The best part was the life size Jacob cut out that all the girls took turns kissing ;-) After cake and presents we headed to the drive inn & then the all night "slumber" party! A super fun day!
 |
| The Roxborough Gang: Maddy, Autumn, Hannah, Brianna, & Montana |
 |
| Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuu! |
 |
| Team Jacob!! |
She tryed out for soccer, but they ended up not having enough girls her age, so that didn't work out. She wanted to take a hip-hop class, but the class they wanted to place her in ended up being on Thursdays...which is the night each week she spends with her dad. So that didn't work out. Now that school has started, she has decided to join the school orchestra! She is going to play the viola!! We got her a rental instrument and the fun has begun! The first couple of days in her orchestra class have been very slow...still learning how to care for the instrument, and then next class they will learn how tune the instruments. Hmmm...perhaps some private lessons will be in order--but we will see. She is soooooo enjoying it! She can even make some notes which is thrilling!
Patrick and I have been working on lots of home improvement projects. He is so good to me. We replaced the baseboards in the kitchen, got the ac repaired, fixed the upstairs toilet, cleaned out the rain gutters, and cut down a "small" chinese elm that was growing in my neighbors yard. It began to push down the fence that we share. I had no idea what kind of tree it was, but I knew it was growing like crazy. I learned that Chinese Elms grow into a monster trees if you let it go. So I am so happy it is gone. My neighbors have agreed to help fix the fence in exchange. So we have sunshine on the grass and my flowerbed again. Patrick is always planning the next project. How did I luck out with this guy?? He is truly a blessing. We are so enjoying the new carpet...and are really looking forward to finishing the rest.
 |
| Close up of the new carpet |
 |
| Wahoo...the carpet going down |
 |
| Pad going in |
 |
| The Chinese Elm |
And lastly, we had a really fun outing with the Atencio clan (Patrick's family) up at Jordanelle Reservoir. We had a beautiful sunshiney day to enjoy floating around, soaking up rays, and just enjoying each others company. The kids were able to build sand castles, swim, jump on an inflatable trampoline, row in a raft, and ride on a "donut" pulled by a boat. While riding the donut Tana was screaming loud enough for all to hear miles away :0) It was lots of fun!
 |
| Lunchtime!! |
 |
| Justice, Katie, Elijah & Eric |
 |
| Tana & Elijah |
 |
| Justice & Isaac |
 |
| J, M, & S Enjoying the waves |
Kids are back in school and we are trying to get back in the swing of things. They like their teachers for the most part and I'm glad to be able to get back on my normal sleep schedule! Sierra is a Junior in High School and on drill team again this year. Montana is in 5th grade, and Justice is in 3rd grade. Can't believe I'm old enough to say that...but I did just turn 40. Ugh!
 |
| Chirons (T-ville Drill Team) 2010-2011 |
 |
| Ready for another year of learnin' |
 |
| My Big 5th Grader |
 |
| A rare moment of smiles!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment