Monday, April 23, 2007

Working on cars

Well the van has been leaking anti-freeze for a long time but in the last week it has gotten really bad. So after a great dinner at the in-laws I climbed under the van to find that the water pump was leaking. There isn't a lot of room to work so I debated weather I should take it to a professional or do it myself.

I ended up doing it myself. After $106 worth of parts and 2 hours later the van was fully operational. I also changed the drive belt which in the past has been a huge pain in the butt. You would think that because I have changed it about 50 times that I would know how to do it. But NO. After 10 minutes of saying things that only a sailor would understand the belt went on. I was a mess, grease up to my elbows and several fingers bleeding. After all that the van runs great and is very quite.

Then at 11:30pm the phone rings. On the other end is my wife who tells me she has a flat. So I woke up at 5:30am and got the kids up and put them in the car and drove to work and changed the tire.

The important thing is my wife and kids have a safe car to drive around in. A little blood and grease is a small price to pay for the safety of my family.

No comments:

...