
Ok so Justice is completely out of control lately. Eric and I are at our wits end, as well as his sisters. He has gotten in the habit of throwing a complete tantrum (a "Thrombo" as we call it!) about every frickin thing. What we eat, where we go, what time it is, doing chores, playing with friends, what movie to watch, bedtime, bathtime, Tae Kwon Do time, church time--honestly we can't take it anymore. We have tried absolutely everything to get him to chill out. We try to just ignore it and not give him the attention he wants from his bad behavior; we have tried bribing, timeouts, grounding, spanking (sorry to say), positive reinforcement (stickers, quarters for good behavior), NOTHING seems to work. We have stuck with the ignoring and distracting method for the longest time. Where he starts having a thrombo and we tickle him, or I just start singing a soothing song, or just talking to him in a calm voice. IT IS SO HARD!!!! Is anyone else going through this- or have gone through it and can give us advice??? If he wasn't so sweet and lovable when he is in a good mood- I am sure we would have sold him to the gypsies or indians by now!! His friends parents and teachers all tell us how well behaved and polite he is. I give them the look like "Are you talking about my boy??". How can we help this kid without making us crazy in the process??? Help!!!
1 comment:
I wish I knew how to help :( Brandt acted like that when he was little so I am sure soon enough I will ahve a similar problem and hopefully you can help me with it :)
Post a Comment