Thursday, September 11, 2008

Good People


With Eric in Hawaii this week for work (I know, tough gig!), I have had the kids spend the night at Grama Laura and Grampa Daves for the past few nights while I go to work. So this morning mom was helping me shuttle kids back and forth to school. Sierra had forgotten something she needed for their assembly this morning and so mom ran it over to her. She got a flat tire and asked me to come rescue her. I felt so bad because my mom is always doing good things for other people (usually me), and she always seems to get the butt end of the deal. She always says "No good deed goes unpunished!" I have tried to convince her that by saying that- she is attracting that in her life. So she has been good about not saying that when things go wrong lately. I was waiting for her to say that this morning- but it never came. I brought my inflation machine to blow up the tire and get us to the tire store- but it was not working. One of the cheer girls parents came and tried to help us change the flat tire- but we couldn't figure out where the jack was. Then we ran into Fred and Judy (my ex in laws- Sierra's grandparents). They were there to watch Sierra and happened to have a can of fix-a-flat. So we blew up the tire and ran the car over to Les Shwab to have them fix the tire while we were at the assembly.

This whole situation made me think back over the last few times we have had a flat tire or car trouble, or weird situations like that. There is always someone there to help me/us- even when we don't ask for help. I am grateful for my angels. Good people are always around when you need them.

1 comment:

FRED said...

Happy to be able to help out!

...