Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I've Become a Drill Sargeant

We started a chore chart last year. It's kind of a set rotation for who does what chores when. This has helped so much with keeping the house up (at least liveable). The only problem with it, is actually gettting the kids to ENJOY helping. I am always the one cracking the whip, hollering and threatening, well, I had enough. I found this website and it helps with making chore/to do charts, keeping track of points, helping the kids/parents set goals, and the kids LOVE it. All I have to say now is: "Let's work on your chart"...and they get excited. If they don't, they lose points for the day, and it takes longer to get to their savings goals. We will see if this will last long term. Of course it's geared more for the little ones, but Sierra has lots of savings goals as well (ie. friend time, computer time, new cell phone, movies, etc.) It is really cute. The kids can't wait to log on and record their points (we only log in once a week, and keep a paper print out on the fridge). Check it out. Maybe it will help your family too!

www.handipoints.com

1 comment:

Kim and company said...

Wow, I'll have to check that one out---anything to reinvent the wheel. I appreciate the tip! =P

...