Sunday, November 22, 2009

Date Night

Montana's Activity Days Group sponsored a date night. Her date (AKA Grampa Dave)was her escort for the evening. He came to pick her up & had a coursage for her and everything. It brought a tear to my eye...so sweet! They had dinner, pictures, & games at the church. It was a fall/farm theme and they dressed accordingly. From what I have heard, the guys had to do the girls hair and make-up. Tana said she looked like Cindy Lu Who from the Grinch. Then the girls shaved the guys with shaving cream & a tongue depresser turned sideway. Grampa said she started out being careful & then went to whackin' his nose and lips. haha. Sounds like they had fun.


Sierra had her Sadie Hawkins dance at school the same night. The theme was "Beauty & the Geek". They had shirts made that said "I'm with the Geek" and "I'm with the Beauty" and arrows pointing to the other person. I thought that was cute! The girls wore glasses with the lenses out & the guys wore tiaras?? OK?? Anyhoo...her and a bunch of her friends went together in a big group. Movie (Blind Side), Take-Out from Olive Garden at one of the girls houses (they had a room all decorated for Sadies), The Dance, and an afterparty at her dad's complete with Chocolate Fondue & a movie. She really wanted to go with Mark but he is not allowed to "date" until next year. So she went with another kid who took TWO WEEKS to answer her. She was really PO'd at him by the time he finally answered her, which was only a couple of days before the dance. Lame-o! Then he found out that she didn't "like" him, that he was just a friend date. Apparently, he is really into her and had his feelings hurt. So I guess the date was awkward...but they still had fun with everyone else in the group. Still waiting for pics from her. Will post soon I hope!

No comments:

...