Wednesday was our annual Pennies by Inch Drive for the Primary kids. They dress up in their Halloween costumes, and we go door to door thru the neighborhood in groups asking for Donations for Primary Children's Hospital. It is always a huge success. After is the ward party, complete with Chili Cook-off and spook alley/activities for the kids. Face painting, cake walk, fishing pond, games, and of course the spook alley that justice went thru several times. Montana looked in, but didn't go thru. Fun was had by all...and I am tracking down the recipe for the White Bean Chicken Chili, it was absolutely delicious!
Thursday was the costume parade at school. They fly by in a matter of seconds. But it's always fun to see everyones costumes. And the smiles on my kids faces! I was surprised that Justice was the ONLY Harry Potter this year...and sooooo cute in those glasses! Montana looked adorable. Her costume evolved a bit as the days went, added a turtle neck, new boots...and she was the cutest.
Friday the kids were out of school. J & M were with their dad, but Sierra and I enjoyed the day just being TOTALLY LAZY. Literally, we slept, ate, & watched TV. Then she was off to a costume party & slept over at her friend Tiffany's. She looked so adorable in her costume! It turned out even cuter than I thought it would.
Saturday Sierra and I went to see Paranormal Activity. Advertised to be the scariest movie of all time. I thought it was a total let down . It was good, and suspenseful, but only scary for the last 5 seconds of the show. We had a good time. It was fun to watch Sierra plug her ears almost the entire movie...waiting for me to scream!! Hahaha. Then Justice & Tana came over for the evening. We made cookies, and decorated pumpkins. We headed out for trick or treating around the neighborhood. GREAT WEATHER. Such a nice change from the usual frigid cold we usually have this time of year. Justice was having a blast, but Montana has apparently decided she is too old for this nonsense. She was a bit of a stinker the whole time & mostly stood by my side and didn't even bother going to the door. She had half a bucket of candy already so I didn't push the issue. We took Roxy around with us and just enjoyed seeing the kids and neighbors. Sierra went off with her friends and hung out for the night. I had to work that night so I decided to take the kids to work with me for a bit and show them around the station. I was showing J & M how the cameras work and how they do the weather. And then the Technical director asked if I would like to run a tape with some funny green screen stuff. Of course, I said yes. So we have a dvd of the kids goofing around with a dancing chicken ( a man in a suit) The kids are working the camera & taking turns at the screen. It was really a fun time for them. I was hoping to show them how we do a newscast, but the baseball game was running long and it looked like we weren't going to end up doing news at all that night...so I had Eric come pick them up. A fantastically fun night!
Kids on our deck in the awesome weather!
Doin' the news!
A pro already!



No comments:
Post a Comment