Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! It still freaks me out that we are parents and that we have our own little family. How did this happen? We fell in love- and that love grew into 3 kids. I am so proud of Eric. He is a great dad. He is usually the "heavy", the enforcer of the rules, the one to make sure they go to bed on time and scolds them when they don't respect their mom. I am so appreciative of this. These are jobs I am not good at- so it is a good thing he is!! He fixes everything that needs fixing- our cars, the house, toys, projects at work, problems at home, he is amazing. We are lucky to have him as the DAD in our home! We love ya Eric/Dad!

Also Happy Fathers Day to my dad- who is also amazing at everything he does. He has let me grow up at my own pace and let me make mistakes so that I could learn from them. He has never criticized me even when I made some really stupid choices- we won't discuss them- but we both know what they where. I feel lucky to have such a great guy as my dad. I try to be like him as a mom- it is hard. I find myself trying to make all my kids choices for them and trying to rescue them from things that I know will not turn out right. But in the end I think, "why am I the only one learning a lesson from this? These kids need to make mistakes so they can learn from them." My dad is a wise grasshoppa!! My new montra is : "Be like dad"

No comments:

...