Monday, August 6, 2007

More about Dad

This past weekend Mac-Daddy-D and his loveliness and I went to Price to clean out Dad's house. It was an emotional time for everybody. We stayed up until 1:30am Sunday working then got a hotel room and finished up Sunday afternoon. There were tears and lots of laughter.

One of the coolest things that happened were the people that stopped by. Everybody we talked to said what a wonderful person he was and helpful he was. One of his close friends told us stories about how they would have coffee and talk. I think Dad needed someone like that. They played tricks on each other and would have coffee via the Internet. She also helped up out a lot with organizing and disposing of the trash.

It is clear that Dad will be missed by more than just his family.

1 comment:

Uncle Dan said...

Isn't it nice to know that your Dad was the kind of guy that people liked? I am sure he brightened the days of many people around Price, UT.

...