I found out last night that I am going to be learning to do live events at work. That means that Jazz Games, NFL games, Blaze & Grizzlies games, College or High School Games, or breaking news from Channel 2. We are big on sports at KJZZ, of course. I basically have a headset and we are talking live with production crews that are on the scene. I put the event on air live. So if I screw up- the whole station viewing audience will see it live. Not too much pressure. I am excited to do this because it is a HUGE bonus. I get paid an extra $25 per hour to do these live events. I can schedule to do as many games as I would like. Plus it is fun behind the scenes work. I trained a little bit on this about 7 months ago with the newscast that KJZZ broadcasts at 4 and 9 pm. But once I got my grave shift- I haven't had to do any of that. Plus I had so much to learn at the time that I opted not to learn it for a while. So- here comes a new adventure at work. I should be starting that in the next week or two. Yeah me! Ha ha.
We had to go into get more xrays on Sierra's leg/hip area at Primary's yesterday. The doc is thinking it could be tendinitis of the pelvis. She thinks the pain is just radiating downward. Whatever that means. So she wanted more specific xrays to make a final determination. It was just a regular old quick xray. We haven't heard anything yet but should know by tomorrow. We are biting our nails with anticipation of the outcome. I am just praying that it will be something that can heal with time and care. She is so young for an injury like this. We are keeping a positive outlook and praying for good news. More info to come.
It is really an eye opener to go to Primary Childrens Hospital. There are so many kids up there with every imaginable ailment. Lots of kids are being pulled around in wagons with their heads on pillows because they are too sick to walk. (Justice wanted one, but I had to explain that they were for the sick kids.) Your heart goes out to them and their parents. You can see the worry in their parents eyes. I was touched by the lady who registered us. She gave each of the kids a homemade toy to play with while we were waiting. She had genuine concern for us. Also in the waiting room- there are playstations, computer games, crayons/paper, toys, fish tanks. It really is a special place to be. It feels like you are in a bubble of love and it is surreal. Each of the rooms have been decorated especially for kids. They have videos to help the kids relax. We have been up there many times for Tana's eye checkups, and now again with Sierra's leg, and many years ago when Sierra had the operation on her mouth.It makes me feel so grateful for the health of my three babies. We have truly been blessed. Some of these kids are saddled with deformities, ailments, and disease right from birth. There were so many babies. I was trying to hold back the tears most of the time we were there. Anyhoo- I wanted to promote a few things that I know support Primary's financial relief for some of these families 1. The Festival of Trees 2. Pennies by the inch and 3. The Ronald McDonald House. Please support these if you are able. This hospital is a very special place and the kids who are here are in great hands. God Bless.
1 comment:
You lucky dog getting that cool TV job. Man! I would love to do that! And get an extra 25 bucks an hour! You go girl!!
Post a Comment