Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A time for thankfulness


Good Morning!
MySpace Graphics & Free Myspace Layouts




Today I had the chance to sit in complete silence. Kids at school, no babysitting today, done with homework- a few moments to reflect and think.

I don't know if any of you were following the Diaryofadyingmom.blogspot.com that I have linked. It was essays posted daily by a very scholarly mom of two who was dying from an incurable rare disease. She had time to reflect on her life, prepare her home, family, and friends for her inevitable demise. She prepared her funeral, gifts for her girls, husband, and mother. She became so sick in the end, that all those around her where giving her permission to let go and quit the fight. She was only 37. It gave me time also to appreciate how precious and fleeting life can be. When you contemplate your death- all the things you want to accomplish in your life come sharply into focus. Before she died, she said, "I have accomplished all that I wanted to." What a beautiful thing. I have been making a mental note of all that I would like to accomplish before I die. After reading her blog for the last few months- I think my goals are less lofty, and more important. I would like to thank Michelle for helping me and many others realize how blessed and special we are- because we are mothers, wives, daughters, and friends.

I also had a close friends of mine recently separate from her husband. Having been through it myself, it has stirred up many emotions that I have suppressed for quite some time. I know that chaos, disappointment, and grief are a part of life. It is just so upsetting that I need these events in my life to finally appreciate the simple joys I am blessed with everyday. I thank God for my health, my children, my husband, my parents, my education, my job, my home, my neighbors, my community, my friends, and the beauty all around me that I take for granted so often. I am blessed.

No comments:

...