Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Alternate Universe

For Christmas this year, my sweet daughter Sierra told me that she had arranged for us to get new carpeting!! I was confused and not really believing her at first. I kept asking her what she meant. She told me her dad's friend is a professional carpet layer. He had a bunch of extra carpet from a job where they had ordered the wrong carpet. So he was going to come and put that carpet in our home...for free?? Still not really believing anything would really come of it, I was very surprised to get a phone call from Chris last night. He asked if James could come by and measure the rooms. After measuring everything, we talked about the carpet and James said I owed him dinner. I told him I would supply the beer as well, during the installation. A small price to pay for such generosity. He seemed happy with that arrangement. Chris said that he, Sierra, and his sister Niki have been trying to organize this for several months. I still don't understand really why they would want to help me out like this...but it is very humbling, and tears fill my eyes every time I think about it. Come to find out most of the family has known about this for a while...and no one said anything. Such a wonderful surprise! So we are working out a schedule for the installation. I feel like I am living in an alternate universe. For whatever reason, I am blessed by the people who know me. My neighbors, my ex-in laws, my kids, my parents, my ward. It just never ends. I am so thankful for the people in my life. I have been wanting new carpet for about a decade...so it will be a fantastic change for our humble little shanty! Wahoo!

4 comments:

FRED said...

Gee Sis
I have known about this forever (allmost) I've been wondering when it was going to happen.
Luvs ya
Fred

Judy Jepson said...

So glad it is finally happening. Can't wait to see the results!! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!

Cassie said...

That is awesome! What an amazing family you have...

Greg and Niki said...

:)

...