Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hawaii & Twisted Ankles

Today Justice & Montana are heading off on their very first airplane ride. Eric is taking them to Hawaii for a week. They are so excited, and nervous at the same time. They can't wait to see the ocean and explore the beach. I am hoping Justice will come home with a famous "Hawaii tan" and not his normal burn & peel sun exposure. The boy is as white as a snowstorm...hee hee...but hopefully he will be able to enjoy the sun. Montana was a bit nervous about the flight: where she would sit, what she would see out the window, how bumpy it would be, bombs, etc. We talked about it for about 2 days. I tried to calm her fears & told her after a while you wont even notice you are in the air. She was excited to see turtles, whales, & to wear shorts again!! I hope she will be able to relax & enjoy the experience. They promised they would call me as soon as they land. So I can't wait to hear from them.

Sierra had her first high school solo dance competition today. She competed in the 5A jazz division. However, this morning she twisted her ankle at practice and came home with a limp, her ankle wrapped, and a bag of ice. I brought her home and had her elevate her leg & rest. She was so excited about this competition and her routine...but, we were not sure if she was going to be able to dance. So she got ready anyway and we just hoped for the best. She decided she was going to be ok & was able to tough it out. She did an absolutely fantastic job. Her team was going crazy for her-they are so supportive. She ended up taking 2nd in her division, competing against 20 other girls. I was very surprised, and so proud of her. She was soooo happy! Way to go kiddo! The team competition is tomorrow & we will see if her her ankle will hold out. I hope she didn't work too hard today & overstress her injury. That would really backfire tomorrow. I hope she will be fine. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Judy Jepson said...

I'm soooo sad I didn't go see her perform. Bummer! Glad she did great! Can't wait to see the solo. Did you take a video??

Jenn & Kiddos said...

I forgot my camera, but a couple of the girls took video. I have asked them to post it to youtube...so hopefully soon, I will post the link here on the blog. Fun stuff!

Greg and Niki said...

OH MAN! I'm bummed I didn't end up coming. AHHHHH! Next time!

...