I slept good last night. Today we went to the processing facility. It was interesting to see. We had kabobs for lunch and we are planning on having dinner with the owner of the company. It should be good. This far I have had no beer mostly because the folks have been talking to don’t drink. However the guy we will have dinner with tonight loves his beer. So now will be my chance to taste some real German beer.
Tomorrow we will go on a sightseeing tour. It will be great. We go back to Frankfurt tomorrow then on to London Friday.
It is midnight here and we just got back from dinner. It was a gourmet meal and I have some sort of free range chicken from France and a black potato. There was a salad with thin sliced duck breast and finished it off with strawberries and flan. It was really good. The beer was good and so was the wine and the port with dessert.
The people we are visiting are so nice. We didn’t talk business at all during dinner. I spoke with Werner about hunting and living in the US vs Germany. It was a fascinating discussion. There was more talk about how life was in East Germany. Werner’s wife is from there and had some good insights. Also today we went to a tower that was built on the west side of the “wall” so people could wave at their relatives in the east. I can’t fathom how that must have felt.
This has been an amazing trip. I think a friendship has been started.
No comments:
Post a Comment