Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Second Leg






Arrived in Frankfurt at 10:30 Monday morning. The flight was good, hardly any bumps. The food was a bit rough but what can you do. I sat with my back to an exit row so I wasn’t able to recline enough to get comfortable. So I tossed and turned until the last 10 minutes of the fight. I woke up as we touched down.

I sat next to a young G.I. who was on his was to Rhiad. He is in the Air Force and was a very nice kid. He looked about 20 years old. He said he wasn’t nervous and to be honest at that age I would have said the same thing. When we got ready to get off the plane I told him thanks for putting on the uniform everyday and I was proud of him. I hope he will come home safe.

Anyway, back to me. The customs process in Frankfurt was easy. No forms to fill out. I just walked up to the agent and handed him my passport which he stamped and sent me on my way. I picked up my bags and we walked out where we were met by a guy holding a sign that said “Pro Tec Welcome Neways. Welcome Mr. Eric Nugent and Mr. Juergen Suckow” That has never happened to me before so I felt like a big shot.

After a three hour car ride and seeing where people have “major transactions” because they don’t want to pay to use the potty, we arrived at a very small village and got checked into the Guest House. The room is nice and clean. I have a great view of the hillside and part of the village. There is a small stream running outside my window and the birds are chirping. It is very peaceful.

We called Josef with Pro Tec and he came and picked us up and took us for a drive. We drove through many small villages and I got to hear about how things were before the wall came down. We stopped at a castle that is being renovated and I took some pictures. The view was breathtaking. After driving some more was stopped for dinner which was good but it was too much food. We also made plans for the rest of the week. It sounds like I will get to see some more stuff before we have to leave but It also sounds like I am going to learn a lot about the products. I will write more tomorrow.

No comments:

...