Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tana the Artist!!

Montana has always been the artist of our family. She goes through reams and reams of paper, boxes and boxes of crayons, pencils, erasers, and markers. I decided it would be fun for her to take an art class. After looking everywhere for one with a kid program I finally found one. She had her first drawing class yesterday and LOVED it!! She got her special pencils, sketch pads for nice drawings, and newsprint pad for doodles and practicing. She made some real progress in her first class. I was so impressed. She was learning to draw in perspective yesterday ( a donut from the side instead of the top, and a round table instead of a flat table. Sounds easy but I couldn't do it even when I tried. She took right to it. It was amazing. After her 1 1/2 hour class, she came home and drew for two more hours. It felt good to be fostering one of her natural born talents. I will see if we can post some of her best work. Maybe someday she will be a famouse artiste and we can say we knew her when.

No comments:

...