Mom and Dad picked me up this morning bright and early so that we could head up to Blackfoot Idaho. My cousin Jordan was having his missionary farewell. He was called to Portugal. He gave a really great talk. It was really nice to hear him be so spiritual. It's awesome to see young men who take this direction in their life. It is such a great experience for them.
After the meeting we had a HUGE BBQ at the Idaho Mc's home. It was like a family reunion on both of their sides of the family. I saw people I haven't seen forever. It was a great time. They had recently had a flood in their home while they were on vacation- so everything was ruined. Consequently, they had remodeled the whole basement, the backyard, and their family room. It was so nice. They decorated one room as a "Harley" Room. My dad was drooling and getting excited to decorate his basement in this style. It was funny. They also were playing a Blue-Ray DVD disc on their flat screen TV. It was seriously so clear. I thought it was like a 3d version of the movie or something. WOW!
On the way back it was such a storm. Dirt was swirling around in the wind- which was blowing the car one way and the other. The clouds were BLACK and scary looking. It was raining so hard and there were flooded areas of the road where we had to splash through slowly. When cars would pass they would cover the car with water from splashing. It was nerve wracking- but dad did a fantastic job of getting us home safely. And I am proud to say I was able to sleep through 2 hours of this hair raising drive. I literally can sleep anywhere, anytime. It's a talent.
1 comment:
Jenn,
It was good to see you for like the second I saw you! :) Sounds like you had a scary drive home, glad you guys made it home ok!
Post a Comment