Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Movie Mania/School

We have been on a movie kick the last few days. We rented movies, went to the theatre, and then took the kids to the drive-inn. Nothing like a movie to blow off some steam. The Drive-Inn is still the best way to see a movie. Out in the beautiful, cool night air. Cheap admission, bring your own popcorn and snacks. We bring lawnchairs, and the kids like to sit on the hood and on top of the car with pillows and blankets. You can't beat it. So here is the Nugent Movie Review.

27 dresses: Definately a chick flick, cute, entertaining, but predictable.
Untraceable: CREEPY, DISGUSTING, but strangely informative. Definately earned the R rating.
Mummy: (Chinese Dragon or something): Parts of it were good, mostly the Chinese legend and fight scenes, but the rest of it was cheesy and weird. I thought it was 80% lame, 20% cool.
Space Chimps: A total kid movie, I laughed a couple times, the story line was cute, but definately rent it, do not spend theatre money on this movie.
Journey to the Center of the Earth: I was not excited to see this, especially after the Mummy fiasco- but I loved it. We did not get to see it in 3D, but I am sure it would have been even better. I haven't read the book, or seen the old movie- so it was totally new to me and I thought the story was so amazing. I can't wait to read the book now. I would definately recommend it- and I would love to see it again in 3D.

That's it for the movies for now.
School Update:
I have made it through the first few days unscathed. The first day, I thought I was losing my mind- but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th days have helped me get into a better rhythm. TTYL.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Sounds like you guys are quite the movie goers! How fun! Glad you did the review...now I know what to rent since we never to out to the movies anymore!
I hope school get better for ya...Im sure it will!

...