Monday, October 20, 2008

The never-ending Honey Do List

Eric and I moved into our home sweet home back in 99. Since we have moved in our little family has put a lot of wear and tear on the house. The house needed a few renovations when we moved in, but since then the fix-it list has grown astronomically.

We have been pulling down old wallpaper for what seems like a month. But this past weekend the kids and I worked our fingers to the bone (literally) scraping glue off the wall. Thank you kiddos!! Then my mom came over yesterday (thank you mom)and helped me paint a portion of the kitchen. The kids of course wanted to "help", but they didn't last too long- thank goodness, because they were making quite a mess. I love the color- but despite our effort to tape off and mask- there was a lot of coloring outside the lines. So touch-ups are in order. Anyhoo- we will be painting the cabinets, and many more walls over the next few weekends.

My mom, who even brought dinner (bless her), was looking at our home fix-it list. It's posted in plain view on the fridge. After looking at it she just laughed. She said "Jenn, this is a lot of stuff!!". I said "Mom, that's only the first page!"
It's organized by room- and is a 2 page spreadsheet. Don't get me wrong- I love our house and I know we are blessed to have a roof over our head and warm beds to sleep in. I'm just ready for it to be more beautiful.!!

Poor Eric. He puts up with all my never-ending demands. But hopefully, one day we will accomplish our list. We have successfully crossed off 11 tasks! Only 134 more to go! hahaha-ugh!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I want to see pictures! I love remodeling, but I really like seeing other people remodel so I can steal their ideas.

Michael and Tiffany Harper said...

I want to see pictures too! My question is when do you find all of the time to do so much!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

yeah- well, this list has taken about 2 years to get hardly anything done. So hopefully we can kick it in gear. The progress is so slow- you almost don't notice! Sad, but true! I will post pics when we start the cabinets this weekend. A before and after.

...