
At our yard sale this weekend Montana ran her own concessions stand. She sold pop, candy, and chips. She had a couple of friends help her. After the first hour, they worked out a rotating break system so that someone would always be at the table. They started taking their breaks more and more, until they were breaking more than they were working. It was pretty funny. They had steady business so I wanted to make sure someone was there to take care of it. Towards noon, they were totally bored. They kept asking, "How much longer?", "When is it over?" So after almost 5 hours of grueling work- I sent them inside for lunch and freetime. Grama Dodie and I were able to handle things at that point. I was surprised at what a great saleswoman she is. She would ask everyone who came if they were thirsty or hungry- and do her best Vanna White impression with a flick of her hand. After a while people were coming just for the snacks. I can just imagine her being a little business woman someday. She did a fantastic job. They earned $17.50 profit. Not bad for a boring day.
No comments:
Post a Comment