The kids had an absolutely fantastic time up with cousins in Wyoming. They hiked, rode horses, rode ATV's, cooked on a campfire, and played their little hearts out.
Montana does not do well away from home...I was hoping that she would have so much fun that she would be ok. She did have fun, but she is such a momma's girl that she couldn't think about anything but home. Justice really wanted to stay until Friday but I told him they were a package deal.
So Holly and I arranged to meet in Logan for the pick-up. It was a beautiful drive and brought back so many memories. I went to school at USU in Logan for my first year of college. Driving up the canyon I could picture myself in my roommate Angie's old Blue Honda Prelude...both of us singing old 80's tunes. It put a smile on my face.
We met at Wal-Mart and exchanged kiddos. Holly is a saint. She loves kids and it shows. Thanks so much for taking care of my babies.
The kids and I drove around campus and I showed them where I lived, where I had a few classes, and the hot spots. The Aggie A, Old Main, The Spectrum, The Stadium, and where to get Aggie Ice Cream!! Oh the memories. I had so much fun there. I can't believe I gave it all up for a boy! But, you do silly things when you are in love. And Life goes on.
I'm so happy to have the kids back home. Now if they would just stop fighting...
No comments:
Post a Comment