Monday, July 20, 2009

My baby's driving

The kids are all finally home!! It's sooooo nice to have all my babies under the same roof. We are noisy, busy, and chaotic again---and it feels good.

Today I took Sierra to take her drivers permit test. We waited in line to get a number--15 minutes...waited for our number to be called...75 minutes...talked to the agent for 15 minutes...she took the test for 20 minutes...AND...didn't pass.

But she can try again in a few days. Although she told me she had studied, I have a feeling she thought she could just wing it (she is so like her mother!!). So we will get to go back again and just do the test...no waiting...thank goodness. And I am sure she will pass next time. She only needed three more right and she would have passed. So I have been letting her drive a little more and more--in the neighborhood, home from church, and tonight I let her drive home from dance. She was scared to death, but she did a fantastic job- and we survived! So for the next year she can drive with parent supervision and then, next birthday---she will be good to go. Kinda scary, but kinda fun too.

Tana and Justice are very supportive of her driving...but they are nervous too...and the WORST back seat drivers ever!! Their turn will come!

No comments:

...