Thursday, January 21, 2010

Decisions & Drill Team

Montana has been wanting to get back into some sort of activity. Apparently she has been bored out of her mind. I had her in dance several months ago and she begged to quit. She just wanted to spend time with her friends & not be so busy. Well...I guess she has had enough time to relax. She told me a few days ago that she really wanted to get into dance or a competition soccer team. And she wanted me to "push her" when she gets wishy washy about things. So I am running with it. Her dad's girlfriends' son (got that?) is in a competition league and she talks about it all the time. I think she just really wants to belong to a team. Her dad and I have discussed the options and we were both hoping she would lean to dance...but we gave her a few days to decide what to do. This morning she brought me an envelope all decorated like an academy award envelope. So we made a big production out of it. I gathered the kids and said "The activity that Montana has chosen to participate in IS........ (opened the envelope dramatically) and read "Dance til ya drop"" and we all jumped around excitedly hooting and hollering. I'm excited for her. So we are looking for some beg/int. classes to put her in until team auditions in the summer. I know she will love it. I just hope she will love it for a long time!!

Justice wants to do some more soccer & also wants to take some art lessons, so we will look into that and get that started soon also.

Sierra's Drill Team had the region competition yesterday. They have been pumping themselves up BIG TIME. Had a hypnotist come and do some positive reinforcement, had outside coaches come in and clean some things up in their routines, and of course PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Well it paid off. They placed 1ST in Military, 3RD in Dance, & 4TH in Kick. They are now qualified to go to State Competition next week. Their biggest competition is Bingham High & all year they have been focused on beating them. Their secret montra is KB= KILL BINGHAM haha. So it was so awesome to see them accomplish that goal last night. For at least one division, anyway. They also keep saying on their facebook status & myspace status: "What are you thinking about?" and everyone replies "STATE"!!! The whole drill team life has been new to us this year, but we are getting the hang of it. It's intense and crazy...but I think it's been fantastic for her. She is hoping to be co-captain next year. So that will be even a step up from this years craziness! Ah, to be young and so full of energy & excitement. Here are some pics from the competition last night. It was packed and we had to sit on the wrong side. So the good pics are few and far between. Luckily Grampa Dave videoed from the front so we have great video if I can ever figure out how to post it! :-)
Also thanks to the entire Sierra Fan Club who showed up last night to support her!!! We had our own cheering section. Grama Laura & Grampa Dave, Grama Dodie, Justice, Montana, Grama Judy, Grampa Fred, Aunt Niki, Alexa, Her Dad & myself. Go T-ville!!

4 comments:

Braydi said...

So exciting I am glad that they "KB" ha ha Drill team is a whole new world compared to STARS isn't it? I loved doing both but they are really so different! So how did the overall placement go in her region? Who didn't get to go to state? Hope everything is going great or you!

FRED said...

Hey, I loved the slideshow, especially the two shots of me dancing...he, he. I tried to copy them but it wouldn't let me. Perhaps you could send the ones of me or me and Alexa if there are any to my email.
Luvs ya
Fred

Anonymous said...

Braydi:
It is so different from Stars! But so fun. The overall placing was: Bingham 1st, Copper Hills 2nd, Taylorsville 3rd.

Fred:
I will send you a copy of the pics that I have. There is only one that turned out of you. I had video of you and Alexa but it was totally fuzzy so I deleted it.

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Braydi: Sorry I forgot to say that Kearns, Riverton, & West Jordan are out. We are in the 5A Region 3.

...