Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Being a Parent
Eric and I have been struggling these past few weeks with being parents. It can be such a challenge sometimes. By 6:00 when he walks in the door, I feel like I am pulling my hair out and ready to go for a kid free drive and never come back. Wow! That sounds so bad putting it into writing. We are trying to balance discipline with love, and choosing the right battles. We have implemented a chore chart that we have had for some time now- every day it is a battle to get Justice to cooperate and do it. He is also addicted to the computer games- if his time is up, or he can't play because something else needs to be done- he comes completely unglued and has developed a mean streak. I am usually in tears before he apologizes and settles down. UGH! Sierra is growing up so fast- it is hard to keep up with her and her "growing pains". Sometimes I think it is harder for us to watch her make these changes. We aren't ready for her to be an adult, and she wants so badly to do all these grown up things. If she had an emergency break- I think I would be pulling it right now. She is a good kid- we have to keep that in mind. Montana is on auto pilot most of the time, but she has such a tender heart. If something disturbing is on TV (scary, sad, or even mildly violent), or if someone has hurt her feelings, she can't play with a friend, or we need her to clean her room- hoowee- the tears start flying and doors start slamming. Eric and I are working on not counteracting each other. The kids have figured out that if dad says no, just ask mom. Hopefully we can change that. It's a good thing I love these kids!!! I guess this is why we love the good days and moments so much!!! Here's to the next moment!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lovein' it! Still copying and pasting.
Post a Comment