What? It's true, I am a student again. I have decided to take a class about Early Childhood Development. I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Teaching & kids have always been a constant in my life, so I am thinking of either becoming a teacher or opening a preschool in the future. Who knows. Anyhoo, this is a step in that direction. I started my new class last night and it was mezmerizing. I was so into it I was laughing at myself. School is easier when you only have one class at a time. This is just a community ed class, but it counts for career ladder credit. It's complicated to explain but it counts toward credit if I should decided to go on to a degree. We were talking about brain development last night. We were comparing slides of brain cell connections between an infant , three year old, nine year old, and a fourteen year old. Your brain absorbs all the information it can- then through a natural process called "pruning" your brain discards all unused information over time. So in comparison, the newborn slide, and the 14 yr old slide looked very similar. So this lady in the class says, "That must be why teenagers act like such babies!" We all laughed.
Montana also started back to her art class. She is so talented. She is always doodling and using all the paper in the whole house for her artwork. She is with a new class and is having the new class blues. I am sure she will warm up to them after a week or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment