Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sierra the World Traveler


I took Sierra, bright and early, to the airport this morning. She is off to Ohio to play with her dad at the Kings Island Amusement Park. She will meet him in Houston and then they will fly together to Ohio. I haven't been to the airport for some time as I make such a fuss over the flying unaccompanied minor thing that her dad avoids it as much as he can. It is quite the ordeal to go through security nowadays. You have to take your shoes off, all liquids have to be in a ziplock bag and must be pulled out and inspected, they can't be bigger that trial size (her large bottle of hairspray had to be thrown in the trash) the metal detector now does this air puffer thing to check for bombs or something. I was all in knots by the time she actually borded the plane. My mind was swirling with bombs, explosive liquids, shoe bombs, suspicious characters, and the like. I was holding back the tears until she was on the plane. Once she was on, I let them flow and prayed like crazy for her safety. I know I am a worrywart, but I am her mother dammit!! It's my job!! She does this all the time and it didn't phase her at all. She had this cute smile on her face, as if to say "Mom, it's ok, relax!" Well I will relax when she is back in my arms for a big squeeze and a kiss. I love you kiddo. Have a good time!! Uggh!

No comments:

...