Sierra was signed up for a dance camp in Salem (just past Provo) this weekend. It is about an hour away, so we decided it would be fun to spend the night in a hotel rather than come home and drive back the next morning. Sierra worked hard, while Justice, Tana and I played and played. The first night we dropped Sierra off, then we went back to the hotel and swam for a long time, went out to dinner, shopped a little, and then went back to pick her up. We had just enough time to let the kids swim again for about an hour before the pool closed.
The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel. They did a nice continental breakfast with fresh waffles, yum. Then we dropped Sierra off for the day. We swam some more, then decided to go see a movie at the mall. When we got there, there weren't any movies that the kids wanted to see. So we played at the playground there for a while. Tana and I got a pedicure- that was the best part. Sierra was so mad she missed all the "fun" stuff. We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Shopped for a while there and spent some time on the rocking chairs on the porch. That place is so fun. I bought the kids some cute toys that I loved when I was little. Justice got an old metal slinky. I haven't seen one that isn't plastic for a long time. I bought a pack of Fruit Stripe gum, the one with the zebra who has the colored stripes. I use to LOVE that gum. Tana chose a beanie baby jaguar- remember that craze. Anyhoo, we had a great time.
We went back to pick up Sierra at the dance studio and watch them perform the dances they learned. They are suppose to perform them at an upcoming Jazz game, but we don't have any details about when that will be- so we will see. They learned some cute dances- but overall Sierra said it was a waste of time. Not very challenging and she didn't like the dances. Oh well, we had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment