The shopping is done. The presents are wrapped. The plans are made. We are ready to go. For once- I have actually finished ahead of schedule. I will have time to go clean my mom's house for her party- it will be a surprise for her. I love Christmas. My mom always makes it so special with the traditional Christmas Eve party. She always knocks herself out by cooking for about 70 people. We get to see family we mostly haven't seen all year. Santa comes to give each child a present. It's always so fun- my mom deserves a bit of a break. So I hope everything else will go as planned.
Sierra will be with her dad this year- but we have her on Christmas day. So we will miss her. She is doing better with her teeth, the swelling is kinda going down, but she is getting back into the swing of things.
I'm hoping the kids will love their presents. It's one of those years where we were able to find each person in our family exactly what they wanted and had the budget to get it. We feel extremely blessed.
We are thinking of giving up our Christmas next year and instead giving our Christmas to a needy family. Maybe we will just give a token gift to each person in our family to soften the blow. But I want the kids to know how good giving feels- and how much it blesses others. We have been so spoiled and blessed for so many years. I hope the family will support this idea. It has been iffy so far- they want to do it- I think they just don't want to give up their presents too. My kids are very conscience about the needs of others and they are always wanting to help. So I think this would be a great opportunity. We will see if it happens.
Merry Christmas everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment