Thursday, February 19, 2009

Candlelight Dinner

Last night I made my cousin Holly's recipe for Shephards Pie. It was sooooo good. We will definately do that one again- easy & yummy. The kids set the table and thought it would be fun if we ate by candlelight. So we turned off all the lights and had three candles lit to eat our dinner by. I love my kids! Always something fun is on there minds!



Holly's Shephards Pie

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 pepper
1/8 tsp oregano
1 can french cut green beans
1 can tomato soup
1/2 c. water
3 cups prepared mashed potatoes (leftovers or prepared instant)
Paprika
Shredded Cheese

Brown ground beef and onion, drain, stir in seasonings, green beans, soup and water. Heat through, pour into baking dish, spread mashed potatoes on top, top with cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 min or until hot and bubbly.

1 comment:

Kim and company said...

Love the fun idea---my kids LOVE anything that makes a ordinary day special---and for that matter--so do I!

...