Montana earned one of the three spots for the Third Grade Limo Lunch at school today. She is so excited! She earned this (in the words of her teacher) "for being an excellent student"! This could not have come at a better time for her. She has been so sad and really needed this boost. Plus one of the other kids going is her "crush" Makor! So she is double excited! How fun for them. I think they are going to McDonald's. I told her I would come and take some pictures but she told me to NOT come or she would die of embarrassment. Can you feel the love? I will try to be inconspicuous!!
Justice went to his first Cub Scout event- The Blue and Gold Banquet. He doesn't turn 8 until November so he still has a while. They did a cowboy theme potluck dinner. Justice wore Eric's black stetson hat and his Texas Rangers badge. He looked adorable. They had the Pony Express folks come and show an original letter carrying saddle that they use to use. He was very interested. So we learned a little about Scouts but not enough to know what to expect. I guess we will learn by doing.
My dad is retiring tomorrow. They are throwing him a luncheon at the jail today. I have never been there so I am hoping there is a special room or something. I'm sure it will be real nice. He has been a police officer for 29 years. Wow. It really doesn't seem like that long. They made him a special plaque with all of his pins, badges, business cards, id cards, handcuffs, and pictures. It is huge! Seriously about 5 feet by 5 feet. I will take a pic of it because it is seriously amazing. I am so proud of him. He really deserves to relax and take it easy for a while. However- he has already been offered a part time Private Investigator job that he is thinking about. I think that sounds exciting. Congrats dad!
3 comments:
Jenn--what a great week! How fun the Limo experience for your daughter and Blue and Gold for you son! I love your cheerful Blog background. I left you a note about veggies in the comments section--no magic wand, but a few thoughts anyway! Good Luck =)
Jenn, give me congrats to your dad. I have always loved and admired him.
He is a special man and has a great personality.
Post a Comment